Monday, July 18, 2011

Addison Marie Widmer






Our beautiful baby girl arrived July 6th, 2011 weighing in at 7lbs 12oz and 20 1/2 in long. she is just perfect!!!

i had a OB check up in the early afternoon on the 6th, was dilated to a 4cm , the Dr had asked me if i just wanted to be induced, i asked if he could just break my water and not give me the drugs that are used to induce and he said yes, that was his plan. He first wanted me to go to the hospital to get a NST (non-stress test) done b/c the baby hadn't been that active, so Colton and i walked on over to labor and delivery and got me all hooked up to the monitor, i had called Carson and told him what was going on, and he rushed home. little did we know that when the dr said he would get things going and break my water it would be 5 hours later. so finally around 5:30 he came in and got me all ready and broke my water. it took about 2 hours for me to go from 4cm to 5 cm, contractions started to get pretty bad around 7ish so i got the epidural and life was great after that. the nurse came in around 9pm and wanted to check me b/c she had been watching on her monitor and she thought i had probably made some progress (she hadn't checked me since i was at 5cm, so i was teasing her saying i was still probably only a 5 and wouldnt be having the baby until the middle of the night) and when she did i was a 10 and ready to push. She had paged the Dr. and i started to push, about 30 minutes later Dr. Barstow told me to look down and see my baby and if i wanted i could pull her out, so i did. She was perfect!!! Everything about my labor and delivery was great, and i even told Carson i would do it again in a heartbeat :) We had a great experience at the hospital, the staff was so nice and caring, it was so different from when I had Colton. I am happy we made the choice to have her in Redmond rather than Bend again.
Addison is doing great nursing like a champ, sleeping pretty good at night, she gives me about 3-4 hours in between feedings so its nice to get some sleep. She hardly ever cries and if she does its only for a minute. Big brother Colton is doing great with her, he is so proud of her and watches over her. I am so blessed to have my perfect little family.
we go in on Wed for Addy's 2 week check up i will post more after that and find out how much she has gained and if she has grown any.
here are some pictures of her new baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment